Insurance Continuing Education Provider Number:
Success CE, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to Alabama Insurance Continuing Education requirements. Our comprehensive guide provides essential insights for individuals fulfilling Montana insurance CE obligations. To ensure compliance with potential regulatory changes, we recommend contacting your state’s insurance department. While we make diligent efforts to provide accurate and current information; Success CE, Inc. nor it’s employees warrant or represent that this information presented is accurate and current. All details are subject to change without notice. Stay informed and meet Montana’s continuing education requirements by exploring the essentials of Insurance CE.
Montana Insurance CE Hours Required
- 24 hours are required biennially.
- 5 hours are required biennially for credit/life disability licensees.
New Requirements to Sell Annuities in Montana
- Annuity – Best Interest Interest Certification: Effective 10/1/2022, before selling, soliciting or negotiating Annuity policies in Montana, must completed a one-time 4-hour annuity certification, the annuity best interest course, prior to selling annuities.
- Click here to view your state Annuity CE requirement
Montana State-Specific Insurance CE Courses
- Resident and non residents must complete 1 credit hour of Montana Legislative Updates, biennially.
- Producers licensed lines only must complete the 5 hour requirement in insurance law, ethics, and/or credit life and credit disability insurance.
- Initial 8 hour LTC course is required when selling, solicit and negotiate LTC on or before 07/01/2008. A 4 hour follow-up course is required in the subsequent renewal period. These requirements apply to current licensed agents and agents who are licensed after 07/01/2008 must complete the 8 LTC course before they sell, solicit and negotiate LTC products.
Insurance Continuing Education Renewal or Compliance Date for Licensees
- The renewal date is the first day of the agent’s birth month biennially
Montana Insurance CE – Types of Courses Accepted
- Independent self-study courses or classroom.
- All final exams MUST BE monitored by a disinterested third person.
Reporting to Your State
- $1.00 per credit hour is required to report to your state.
- State Insurance completions are reported 2 times every business day. If course is completed after 2 PM PT, it will be reported the following business day.CFP reports are sent on Friday at 2 PM PT to the CFP Board electronically.You may also self-report your CFP completions to www.cfp.net
Montana Insurance Continuing Education Carryover Hours & Course Repetition
- No excess CE credit hours may be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Producers, adjusters, and consultants may not earn credit for any courses repeated as either student or instructor within a 2-year period.
Method to Certify Completion
- For Most States you will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam.
- We usually report to the State Department of Insurance or regulatory board by the next business day.
- It may, however, take your State DOI or regulatory board up to 30 days to report your completion results on their systems.
- As an added service, we can Rapidly Report all of your completed courses the same business day (per credit order) for only $25.
Montana Non-Resident Producer Requirements
- Initial LTC Requirement: A non-resident producer must complete an initial 8-hour NAIC Long-term care course approved by the state of Montana OR complete an 8-hour NAIC LTC course from another state to fulfill Montana requirements.
- On-going LTC Requirement: A 4-hour follow-up LTC course is required every 24 months.
Department of Insurance Contact Information:
Montana Insurance Division
840 Helena Avenue
Helena, MT 59601
Phone: (800) 332-6148
Fax: (406) 444-3497
State Website: http://www.sao.mt.gov/
For a listing of the State Departments of Insurance websites provided by the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners), please go to: http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm
The Success Family of CE Companies provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Due to regulatory requirements we suggest that you contact your state department of insurance to insure that no regulatory changes have been enacted. Although ongoing efforts have been made to qualify that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither The Success Family of CE Companies nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.