Insurance Continuing Education Provider Number: 10544
Success CE, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to Alabama Insurance Continuing Education requirements. Our comprehensive guide provides essential insights for individuals fulfilling Massachusetts insurance CE obligations. To ensure compliance with potential regulatory changes, we recommend contacting your state’s insurance department. While we make diligent efforts to provide accurate and current information; Success CE, Inc. nor it’s employees warrant or represent that this information presented is accurate and current. All details are subject to change without notice. Stay informed and meet Massachusetts continuing education requirements by exploring the essentials of Insurance CE.
Massachusetts Department of Insurance Contact Information
Massachusetts Division of Insurance
1000 Washington Street, Suite 810
Boston, MA 02118-6200
Phone: (617) 521-7794
State Website: www.mass.gov/ocabr/government/oca-agencies/doi-lp
Massachusetts Insurance CE Hours Required
- Producer: 60-hours, including 3-hours of ethics, required during the first 36 months of licensure, triennium.
- 45-hours required every renewal thereafter, triennially.
- Adjuster: 15-hours triennially
- Adjuster may complete any course approved under the Property/Casualty license type.
Massachusetts State-Specific Insurance CE Courses
New Requirement to Sell Annuities in Massachusetts
- Annuity – Best Interest Interest Certification:
- A producer who has completed an annuity-training course approved by the department of insurance prior to December 9, 2022, shall, before June 1, 2023, complete either: A new four (4) credit hour training course approved by the department of insurance; or an additional one-time one (1) credit hour training course approved by the department of insurance.
- A producer who has not completed an annuity-training course approved by the department of insurance on or before June 1, 2023, must complete the new four (4) credit hour training course approved by the department of insurance before they can be appointed and sell annuities
- Click here to view your state Annuity CE requirement
- Initial 8-hour Long-Term Care: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance in Massachusetts, producers must complete an initial 8-hour LTC training course.
- Ongoing 4-hour Long-Term Care: After completion of the 8-hour initial LTC training requirement, producers must complete 4-hours of approved LTC training every 24-months.
- Flood Certification: All resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies (NFIP) shall be required to complete a one-time 3-hour requirement on flood insurance.
Final Exam Regulations
- Final exams are taken with a closed book.
- Final exams MUST BE monitored by a disinterested third-party. (waived until further notice)
- For online courses where a proctor is required, DOI has created the Continuing Education Attestation of Personal Responsibility Form. This form will require individuals to attest that they have not received outside assistance while completing the online course exam. This form must be sent to the provider within 15 days of completing the course.
- This Continuing Education Attestation of Personal Responsibility Form will be prompted to download or print at the beginning of the final exam for all approved MA CE courses.
- This must be sent to us, the CE Provider, after the final exam has scored 70% or higher to be reported to the MA DOI.
- Independent self-study courses and classroom are accepted forms of CE courses.
- License renewal date is date of issuance, triennially.
Reporting to Your State/Regulatory Authority
- $1.50 per credit hour is required to report/file to your state.
- State Insurance completions are reported 2 times every business day. If course is completed after 2 PM PT, it will be reported the following business day.
- As an added service, we can Rapidly Report your completed courses the same business day for $25 per CE course.
- CFP is reported/filed with the CFP Board every Friday at 2pm PST.
Massachusetts Insurance CE Carry-Over Hours & CE Course Repetition
- 45 credit hours maximum may be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a 3-year period.
Method to Certify Completion
- The certificate of completion will be available to print or download online immediately after you have pass the final exam.
- The DOI or regulatory authority can take up to 30 days to process your new completion results on their systems.
Massachusetts Non-Resident Producer Requirements
Insurance Continuing Education Exemptions
- Individuals licensed in Massachusetts prior to 4/5/83, except for those persons who, although licensed prior to 4/5/83, amended their licenses after that date by passing an insurance exam for an additional line of insurance, and those persons who were unlicensed for more than a year immediately prior to 4/5/83.
- Producers who have met continuing education requirements for PACE and CPD-L have automatically met the continuing education requirement.
- Individuals acting as instructors for continuing education course receive the same amount of CE credit as his or her students receive for taking the class. Can only receive credit for teaching once per triennium.
- Initial LTC Requirement: A non-resident producer must complete an eight (8) hour initial LTC training course that includes MA state MassHealth information OR complete an 8-hour NAIC Long-term care course from another state along with an additional 2-hour MA supplemental training.
- On-going LTC Requirement: A 4-hour follow-up LTC course is required every 24 months.
For a listing of the State Departments of Insurance websites provided by the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners), please go to: http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm