Insurance Continuing Education Provider Number: 101648
Success CE, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to Illinois Insurance Continuing Education requirements. Our comprehensive guide provides essential insights for individuals fulfilling Illinois insurance CE obligations. To ensure compliance with potential regulatory changes, we recommend contacting your state’s insurance department. While we make diligent efforts to provide accurate and current information; Success CE, Inc. nor it’s employees warrant or represent that this information presented is accurate and current. All details are subject to change without notice. Stay informed and meet Illinois continuing education requirements by exploring the essentials of Insurance CE.
Illinois Department of Insurance Contact Information
Illinois Department of Insurance
Producer Licensing Unit
320 W. Washington St.
Springfield, IL 62767
PHONE: (217) 782-6366
FAX: (217) 782-6367
State Website: http://insurance.illinois.gov/
Attention all Illinois producers please read the announcement from the Illinois Department of Insurance. Click here: http://insurance.illinois.gov/cb/2012/CB2012-02.pdf
IL Insurance Continuing Education Hours Required
- Life/Health, Property/Casualty: 24 hours of CE; including three (3) must consist of Classroom CE Ethics.
Illinois State-Specific Insurance CE Certifications
Annuity – Regulation Best Interest: Effective July 01, 2012 any Producer (Resident and Non-Resident) who sells or solicits annuity products in Illinois must have obtained a producer license with the Life line of authority and have completed the Suitability Annuity certification training course. Producers who sell variable products must also have variable contract line of authority on their license.
Resident Producers are required to complete a one time four (4) hour certification course for Annuity Products. Upon completion of this course you will be presented with a certificate of completion. The Producer should retain the original certificate in their files as the Department will not have a permanent record of this required course.
Producers may also apply this course to their producer license continuing education renewal.
Initial 8-hour Long-Term Care: Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a one-time 6-hour state-specific LTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement.
Ongoing 4-hour Long-Term Care: After completion of the 8-hour initial LTC training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of approved LTC training every 24-months.
Flood (NFIP) Certification: All Illinois licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
CE Final Exam Regulations
- Independent self study courses, classroom study, and online interactive courses.
- Final exams DO NOT require a monitor.
- Self-study, online interactive, final exams are not required to be monitored and can be completed with an open book.
Reporting to Your State/Regulatory Authority
- $1.00 per credit hour is required to report to your state.
- State Insurance completions are reported 2 times every business day.
- If course is completed after 2 PM PT, it will be reported the following business day.
- As an added service, we can Rapidly Report your completed courses the same business day for $25 per CE course.
- CFP reports are sent on Friday at 2 PM PT to the CFP Board electronically.
- You may also self-report your CFP completions to www.cfp.net
Illinois Insurance CE Carry-Over Hours & CE Course Repetition
- A maximum of 12 credit hours may be carried over to the next renewal period.
- The carryover credits shall not apply to the ethics credit requirement.
- A producer will not be permitted to take a course for credit more than once in a license renewal period.
Method to Certify Completion:
- The certificate of completion will be available to print or download online immediately after you have pass the final exam.
- The DOI or regulatory authority can take up to 30 days to process your new completion results on their systems.
Illinois Non-Resident Producer Requirements
- Initial LTC Requirement: A non-resident producer must complete eight (8) hours of Illinois approved NAIC Partnership OR complete an 8-hour NAIC LTC course from another state along that will fulfill Illinois’ requirements.
- On-going LTC Requirement: A 4-hour follow-up course is required every renewal cycle; Illinois non-resident producers who do not comply with the on-going renewal training within 12 months of the compliance period will be asked to repeat initial 8-hour LTC training course.
Illinois Insurance Producer Exemptions
- Individuals with a temporary license
- Individuals with any of the following limited licenses: baggage, limited travel health, trip cancellation, industrial life or industrial health; and insurance issued by a local mutual district, county or township insurance company.
The Success Family of CE Companies provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Due to regulatory requirements we suggest that you contact your state department of insurance to insure that no regulatory changes have been enacted. Although ongoing efforts have been made to qualify that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither The Success Family of CE Companies nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.