Insurance Continuing Education Provider Number: 207707
Success CE, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to Hawaii Insurance Continuing Education requirements. Our comprehensive guide provides essential insights for individuals fulfilling Hawaii insurance CE obligations. To ensure compliance with potential regulatory changes, we recommend contacting your state’s insurance department. While we make diligent efforts to provide accurate and current information; Success CE, Inc. nor it’s employees warrant or represent that this information presented is accurate and current. All details are subject to change without notice. Stay informed and meet Hawaii’s continuing education requirements by exploring the essentials of Insurance CE.
Hawaii Department of Insurance Contact Information
Hawaii Insurance Division
P.O. Box 3614
Honolulu, HI 96811-3614
Phone: (808) 586-2790
Fax: (808) 586-2806
State Website: http://cca.hawaii.gov/ins/
HI Insurance Continuing Education Hours Required
- Life/Accident & Health/Sickness & Property/Casualty: 24 hours (including 3 hours of ethics) are required for agents biennially.
- 24 hours (including 3 hours of Ethics) are also required for multiple lines agents biennially.
Hawaii State-Specific Insurance CE Certifications
- Annuities: Required for resident and non-resident producers.
- Any Producers who hold a life insurance line of authority must complete a one-time 4-hour annuity training course prior to engaging in the sale of annuities.
- Carrier is responsible for providing product specific training.
- Ethics: All licensees must complete 3 hours of insurance Laws and Rules or Ethics.
- Dual Licensed: Producers licensed in Life/Health & Property/Casualty are required to finish with mandatory break-downs in each line: (10 hours in L/H, 11 in P/C, & 3 hours in Ethics or Law).
- Flood NFIP Training: All Hawaii licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
- Courses must be in line of license held.
CE Final Exam Regulations
- Independent self-study courses, classroom study, and insurance company sponsored courses.
- Final exams are required to be monitor by a disinterested third party.
Reporting to Your State/Regulatory Authority
- State requires a CE reporting fee of $1.00 per credit hour to apply the CE to the license.
- State Insurance completions are reported 2 times every business day.
- If course is completed after 2 PM PT, it will be reported the following business day.
- As an added service, we can Rapidly Report your completed courses the same business day for $25 per CE course.
- CFP reports are sent on Friday at 2 PM PT to the CFP Board electronically.
- You may also self-report your CFP completions to www.cfp.net
Hawaii Insurance CE Carry-Over Hours & CE Course Repetition
- Carryover hours are not permitted.
- Any additional CE credits, greater than the requirement, will not be applied to the license.
- Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a renewal period.
Method to Certify Completion
- The certificate of completion will be available to print or download online immediately after you have pass the final exam.
- The DOI or regulatory authority can take up to 30 days to process your new completion results on their systems.
Hawaii Non-Resident Producer Requirements
- Exempt if home state has passed Producer Licensing Model Act legislation or signed a reciprocal agreement with Hawaii.
Hawaii Insurance Producer Exemptions
- A licensee who has been licensed for less than two years at the time of the licensee’s first renewal.
- An individual holding only a limited license.
- Non-resident agents are exempt if home state has a reciprocal agreement with Hawaii.
The Success Family of CE Companies provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Due to regulatory requirements we suggest that you contact your state department of insurance to insure that no regulatory changes have been enacted. Although ongoing efforts have been made to qualify that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither The Success Family of CE Companies nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.