Insurance Continuing Education Provider Number: 413

Success CE, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to Delaware Insurance Continuing Education requirements. Our comprehensive guide provides essential insights for individuals fulfilling Delaware insurance CE obligations. To ensure compliance with potential regulatory changes, we recommend contacting your state’s insurance department. While we make diligent efforts to provide accurate and current information; Success CE, Inc. nor it’s employees warrant or represent that this information presented is accurate and current. All details are subject to change without notice. Stay informed and meet Delaware’s continuing education requirements by exploring the essentials of Insurance CE.

Delaware Department of Insurance Contact Information

Delaware Insurance Department
Licensing Division

1351 West North Street, Suite 101
Dover, DE 19904-2465
Phone: (302) 674-7390

Fax: (302) 736-7906

State DOI Website: 

License Status

DE Insurance Continuing Education Hours Required

  • Life/Health, Property/Casualty: 24 hours, including 3-hours of ethics. (Biennially)
  • Adjuster: 12 hours (Biennially)

Arizona State-Specific Insurance CE Certifications

  • Annuity Regulation Best Interest Certification – Effective August 1st, 2021:
    • A new four (4) credit training course approved by the Department of Insurance after August 1, 2021 (
    • Individuals who obtain a life insurance line of authority on or after the effective date of this regulation may not engage in the sale of annuities until the annuity training course required under this subsection has been completed.
    • Click here to view your state Annuity CE requirement 
  • Long-Term Care Initial Certification:Producers that hold a health license and solicits long-term care policies, must complete at least 3-hours of training of Delaware long-term care insurance that consist of product knowledge, laws, rules and regulations, as part of the biennial CE requirement. 
    • The long-term care CE requirement does not need to be met prior to solicitation of the product; however, the requirement must be met during the biennium that the long term care policy was solicited.
  • Flood (NFIP) Certification: Any Licensee who is authorized to write personal lines or homeowners coverage shall be required to complete a one-time 2-hour CE course related to Flood Insurance program; as part of the twenty-one (21) general credit hours necessary to maintain a Delaware resident license.

Final Exam Regulations

  • CE courses can be completed by independent self-study courses, internet based courses and/or classroom.
  • Self-study final exams are not required to be monitored and open book.

Reporting to Your State/Regulatory Authority

  • $1.00 per credit hour is required to report to your state.
  • State Insurance completions are reported 2 times every business day.
    • If course is completed after 2 PM PT, it will be reported the following business day.
  • As an added service, we can Rapidly Report your completed courses the same business day for $25 per CE course.
  • CFP reports are sent on Friday at 2 PM PT to the CFP Board electronically.
    • You may also self-report your CFP completions to

Delaware Insurance CE Carry-Over Hours & CE Course Repetition

  • A maximum of 5 hours may be carried over to the next renewal period.
    • The carryover credits shall not apply to the ethics credit requirement.
  • Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a 2 year renewal period.

Method to Certify Completion:

  • The certificate of completion will be available to print or download online immediately after you have pass the final exam.
  • The DOI or regulatory authority can take up to 30 days to process your new completion results on their systems.

Delaware Non-Resident Producer Requirements

  • Producers and adjusters meet the CE requirement of their resident state.
  • Verification of license status will be confirmed through the NAIC Producer Database (PDB).

Delaware Insurance Producer Exemptions

  • Individuals licensed only for title or public carrier insurance.
  • Newly licensed individuals are exempt for the biennium in which the license is issued
  • Resident adjusters licensed for Fidelity & Surety and/or Marine & Transportation
  • Non-resident adjusters

The Success Family of CE Companies provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Due to regulatory requirements we suggest that you contact your state department of insurance to insure that no regulatory changes have been enacted. Although ongoing efforts have been made to qualify that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither The Success Family of CE Companies nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.

Insurance Continuing Education Requirements