Insurance Continuing Education Provider Number: 1011
Success CE, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to Alaska Insurance Continuing Education requirements. Our comprehensive guide provides essential insights for individuals fulfilling Alaska insurance CE obligations. To ensure compliance with potential regulatory changes, we recommend contacting your state’s insurance department. While we make diligent efforts to provide accurate and current information; Success CE, Inc. nor it’s employees warrant or represent that this information presented is accurate and current. All details are subject to change without notice. Stay informed and meet Alaska’s continuing education requirements by exploring the essentials of Insurance CE.
Alaska Department of Insurance Contact Information
For a listing of the State Departments of Insurance websites provided by the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners), please go to: http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm
AK Insurance Continuing Education Hours Required
- 24 CE hours (including 3 hours of ethics) required every license renewal compliance period.
- Credit hours must be earned and reported before your renewal/expiration date.
- No more than 8 credit hours may be in management, marketing, sales, and training.
- Individuals whose birth year is odd-numbered will renew biennially on their birth date in odd-numbered years.
- Individuals whose birth year is an even-numbered year will renew biennially on their birth date in even-numbered years.
- Your expiration date will appear on your license.
Alaska State-Specific Insurance CE Certifications
- Annuity Requirement: You are required to hold a life line of authority and complete a one-time, four-hour annuity suitability course (Regulation Best Interest) prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Alaska.
- You can satisfy Alaska’s general annuity training requirements if have completed the training requirements in another state with substantially similar requirements.
- Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance in Alaska, producers must complete an initial 8-hour LTC training course.
- Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After completion of the 8-hour initial LTC training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of approved LTC training every 24-months.
- Flood (NFIP) Certification: All resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies (NFIP) shall be required to complete a one-time 3-hour requirement on flood insurance.
- Click here for more information
Final Exam Regulations
- All AK CE Final Exams are required to be taken as open book.
- Self-study final exams are not required to be monitored.
- To pass the final exam, the score must be 70% or higher.
- Unlimited retakes can be utilized to reach the passing score.
- Alaska insurance producers can take any approved CE course, including out-of-state and online CE courses.
- Independent self-study courses, classroom or video/electronic courses.
- CE Course topics can be unrelated to the lines of authority on your license.
- Click here for more information
Reporting to Your State/Regulatory Authority
- $1.00 per credit hour is required to report/file to your state.
- State Insurance completions are reported 2 times every business day.
- If course is completed after 2 PM PT, it will be reported the following business day.
- As an added service, we can Rapidly Report your completed courses the same business day for $25 per CE course.
- CFP is reported/filed with the CFP Board every Friday at 2pm PST, electronically.
- You may also self-report your CFP completions to www.cfp.net
Alaska Insurance CE Carry-Over Hours & CE Course Repetition
- Up to 8 CE credit hours can be carried over to the next renewal compliance period.
- Ethics credits will carry over as general credits.
- Management, marketing, sales and training credits cannot carry over.
- CE courses cannot be taken more than once in each biennial renewal/compliance period.
- If the same course is taken in the new compliance period, it must be taken only after 6 months into the new compliance period.
- Courses must be taken during your current renewal/compliance cycle, with the exception of approved carry-over credits (Click here for more information)
Method to Certify Completion:
- The certificate of completion will be available to print or download online immediately after you have pass the final exam.
- The DOI or regulatory authority can take up to 30 days to process your new completion results on their systems.
Alaska Non-Resident Producer Requirements
- CE is not required for most non-resident AL insurance producers, however, some state specific requirements can be required.
- Initial LTC Requirement: A non-resident agents must complete an Alaska 8-hour NAIC LTC course OR an 8-hour NAIC LTC course from another state.
- On-going LTC Requirement: A 4-hour follow-up LTC training course must be completed every 24 months.
Alaska Insurance Producer Exemptions
- Non-resident licensees who meet CE requirements in their home state
- Any person licensed less than two years at the time of the first license renewal
- Individuals issued only a temporary or limited lines license, retired, or travel license
- Individuals who have held an active Alaska resident license since 1979 or prior
- Individuals who hold a limited lines travel insurance license
The Success Family of CE Companies provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Due to regulatory requirements we suggest that you contact your state department of insurance to insure that no regulatory changes have been enacted. Although ongoing efforts have been made to qualify that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither The Success Family of CE Companies nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.